Most days you can find me working away in my cozy office, photographing amazing brands and people or adventuring with my precious family. My life, quite honestly, just would not be complete without these three joys.
I am known for my storytelling lifestyle photography; with a focus on brand, editorial and boudoir photography. I have such a huge passion for sharing the strength, diversity and beauty of women. Whether that be by helping a female entrepreneur strengthen her online presence with brand-driven images, capturing meaningful intimate portraits or creating visual stories to be shared with the world through magazines and blogs. For me, it's all about celebrating and honouring each individual that steps in front of my lens.
I started Karmen Meyer Photography back in 2009 after earning a diploma in Photographic Technology and I truly haven't looked back! Since then, I have worked with so many incredible clients, been featured in multiple publications, as well as, having photographs featured in several art galleries and winning multiple awards. Running this business has truly been a work of heart (cliche but oh so true!!) and I cannot imagine myself doing anything else!
When I am not busy crafting images for clients, you can find me snuggling my daughters, plotting my next trip, or doting on my beloved pets and houseplants (can't stop, won't stop!).
And since I sort of love random facts, here are 5 that you might not know about me!
1. I am the oldest of 10 kids. 7 sisters and 2 brothers!
2. The first solo trip I ever went on, was to photograph a caravan travelling across 6 African countries to the United Nations Conference for Climate Change. I only had two weeks from when I was notified that I was chosen to when I had to step on that airplane! Photography has literally taken to some of the coolest places.
3. I moved back to my hometown of Lacombe, Alberta in 2013 after my oldest daughter was born and much to my surprise, I absolutely love it. But, I'd give it all up to live by the ocean if an opportunity presented itself!
4. I'm a stop to smell the roses kind of gal.
5. I am a big advocate of slow fashion. I love hunting for thrifted clothing/home decor and supporting responsible makers!
Whew, still here? Questions!? Let’s connect! Shoot me a message. I can't wait to hear from you!